Well it turns out that (thankfully) there is quite a lot that is interesting! September saw us host our Industrial partners at the University of Bath for a kick-off session to help shape the programme.
Two questions were posed, the first around expectations or current pain points, and what our partners were hoping to get out of the project. There was a huge range of responses, such as:
- Moving away from phase-gate – stage-gate often too late
- Formalising the dynamic design process (awareness)
- Making sense of the ‘fog of war’
- Monitoring team collaboration/divergence – ‘alignment of activities’
- Is there a ‘stable design’ anymore?
- Knowledge modelling – re-use of knowledge/information